Thursday, December 11, 2003

Sailor boy says I should be hanged

A letter to the editor of the Amarillo Globe News "Another name for war protesters 12/03/03" by a US Navy sailor:
I am a United States sailor. I have chosen to defend my country and the freedom some take for granted.
I love my country, my family, my freedom. Only by the blood which was shed by the service members before me did we receive this freedom.
There are some, though, who do not appreciate this freedom. I call these people traitors; they call themselves protesters. They are nothing more than an infectious disease that infests the minds and hearts of the Americans we are defending. It consumes the honor and courage within its host until it kills the very patriotism that made this country.
There is no cure for this disease. Never will everyone be satisfied. But let it be known what this guardian of America's freedom thinks of these protesters: Traitors should be hanged. I hold our enemies in higher standing. At least they are willing to fight for their beliefs and the country they love.
Parents, discourage your children from joining any of the armed services--they will probably end up brain-washed neo-nazis like this sailor. I believe that the rights and freedom we enjoy were given to us by God, not by any army or navy. People like this sailor are more of a threat to my life, my liberty, and my pursuit of happiness (property) than any Iraqi.