Monday, December 22, 2003

Orange Alert! Orange Alert!

"Honey, is it time to turn on the sirens?"
"I don't know--check Ghost Town Orange:"









"Ghost Town Orange says to remain alert but not change any plans for the holidays. So we probably don't need to turn the sirens on yet. Keep shopping!"
"It is gratifying to see that Ghost Town Orange is always on the alert."

You will notice that the 'ready.gov' site does not have any information about the current security advisory level. (click on the link 'turn the sirens on' and search for 'advisory system' and 'orange' and you will get nothing.) The homeland security bureaucrats are so efficient at making this 'important' information so easy to find. Here's a link explaining the different levels.

Praise the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul.
I will praise the LORD all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save.
When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;
on that very day their plans come to nothing. --Psalm 146:1-4 NIV