Saturday, October 02, 2004

Hippie Chick Pie Wagon Watch

When I first saw this, I thought this interview with Ann Coulter was a joke:
Amazon.com: How important is this presidential election in the larger context of the Republic and its history?

Ann Coulter: Insofar as the survival of the Republic is threatened by the election of John Kerry, I'd say 2004 is as big as it gets.

Amazon.com: Is there one standout issue, and why does it make a difference? What are the most crucial issues?

Coulter: I repeat: The survival of the Republic is threatened by the election of John Kerry. I'd say that's the big one.

[snip--read the Bible and my books]

Amazon.com: What's the closest parallel from American history to this year's race?

Coulter: 1864. Bush is Lincoln and Kerry is General McClellan--who, I note, was a great military leader.

Amazon.com: What is the most important lesson from President Bush's term so far?

Coulter: Peace through strength is an idea that never goes out of style. Also, some people can’t be negotiated with but have to be crushed; e.g., the Taliban, al Qaeda, possibly North Korea and Iran, Pat Leahy, Carl Levin, Richard Ben-Veniste...

Amazon.com: What would a Kerry administration mean?

Coulter: Quite possibly the destruction of the Republic.



Here is the Hippie Chick Pie Wagon preparing to vote from the rooftops, crush the enemies of the Republic and turn them into Christians. Posted by Hello

Ann Coulter is possibly the only person on the planet that thinks George W. Bush is like Abraham Lincoln.

And notice the eliminationist rhetoric that conservatives aim at liberals: Democratic senators and Richard Ben-Veniste should be crushed, not even talked to.

Father, let me dedicate All this year to you
In whatever earthly state You will have me be
Not from sorrow, pain, or care Freedom dare I claim;
This alone shall be my prayer: Glorify Your name.
--from New Year's Hymn by Lawrence Tuttiett, 1864 (alt.)