Friday, October 29, 2004

Guilty Pleasures

Ah, I'm not alone: The Rude Pundit also sees the real heroism of Senator Kerry. [Caution: the Rude Pundit has a potty-mouth.]

And I also enjoy the frequently profane "My New Filing Technique is Unstoppable -- Get Your War On" series...

Click cartoons for larger, more readable versions Posted by Hello


UPDATE

10:18 pm CDT
Alas, the readable cartoons are too wide for Ghost Town Orange...

UPDATE 2

10:49 pm CDT [Blogger is running like iced molasses tonight...]
While I'm posting links to obscenities, how about this one?

October 14, 2004: Three Medford-area schoolteachers Janet Voorhees, Candice Julian, and Tania Tong were ejected from a Bush rally in Central Point, Oregon for wearing these shirts, which Bush event staff called "obscene." Posted by Hello
More from Oregon:
When Vice President Dick Cheney visited Eugene, Oregon on Sept. 17, a 54-Year old woman named Perry Patterson was charged with criminal trespass for blurting the word "No" when Cheney said that George W. Bush has made the world safer.

One day before, Sue Niederer, 55, the mother of a slain American soldier in Iraq was cuffed and arrested for criminal trespass when she interrupted a Laura Bush speech in New Jersey. Both women had tickets to the event.


Father, let me dedicate All this year to you
In whatever earthly state You will have me be
Not from sorrow, pain, or care Freedom dare I claim;
This alone shall be my prayer: Glorify Your name.
--from New Year's Hymn by Lawrence Tuttiett, 1864 (alt.)