Thursday, May 20, 2004

New image host for Ghost Town Orange

Finally, Blogger has enabled image hosting for cheapo blogs like Ghost Town Orange. We are so sick of arbitrary band-width restrictions by these free hosts that shut down images whenever they actually get used.

So here's a plug for Picasa's Hello Software with Bloggerbot. This, plus Blogger's recent revamp with new templates, comments, RSS feed, etc. means I have some template tinkering to do... :-}


To do's:
1. Find one of Blogger's new template for Ghost Town Orange's Archive.
2. Check links in old posts.
3. Move image files to new host and update in posts.
4. Clarify RSS feed. It seems that I promised to write about newsfeeds and never have...
5. Maybe I'll provide an alternative non-Javascript-heavy version of Ghost Town Orange.

Father, let me dedicate All this year to you
In whatever earthly state You will have me be
Not from sorrow, pain, or care Freedom dare I claim;
This alone shall be my prayer: Glorify Your name.
--from New Year's Hymn by Lawrence Tuttiett, 1864 (alt.)