Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Personalized US postage stamps soon to be available

Via Yahoo News: Stamps.com Offers Personal Photos on U.S. Postage
Wed Aug 11, 7:21 PM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Bad sunsets, cutesy baby pictures, and dogs, lots of dogs, will feature in a new line of U.S. stamps introduced this week by Web-based Stamps.com, which turns digital photos into valid postage.

Stamps.com Inc. said it had won approval from the U.S. Postal Service for a trial run of personalized postage that allows consumers to slap their favorite photos on officially recognized stamps for postcards, letters and packages.
Here is the link to order Stamps.com's personalized stamps. The drawbacks: It will cost $16.99 to order 20 37-cent stamps. You aren't allowed to use anything controversial--no political candidates allowed, for example.

Well, I'm off to design a set of stamps. Watch Ghost Town Orange to see what I come up with...

Father, let me dedicate All this year to you
In whatever earthly state You will have me be
Not from sorrow, pain, or care Freedom dare I claim;
This alone shall be my prayer: Glorify Your name.
--from New Year's Hymn by Lawrence Tuttiett, 1864 (alt.)