Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Too many irons in the fire

Alas, I succeeded in locking up the computer I'm working with, and will not be able to post any pictures before tonight's choir practice. So I should be able to post some pictures between 9:00 and 10:00 pm Central time tonight.

On a totally unrelated note, I have finally kept a New Years' resolution to my self to start creating an album for Japanese postage stamps--some of the most beautiful and interesting in the world, in my humble opinion. Yesterday I started with some of the older and definitive issues [i.e., the ordinary small stamps that are used on most mail]. After I finish those, I'll start on the larger pictorial and commemorative stamps. I hope to post some stories about the different things celebrated on Japanese stamps. The first will be about the long-tailed cocks of Tosa. You can google that on your own now, but I'll try to include pictures of the stamp too.

God our security,
who alone can defend us
against the principalities and powers
that rule this present age;
may we trust in no weapons
except the whole armor of faith,
that in dying we may live,
and, having nothing, we may own the world,
through Jesus Christ. AMEN
--Janet Morley, All desires known, 1988