Saturday, November 22, 2003

Rupert's been voted out

I forget to mention that. Contestants on Survivor should remember that $1 million is not the whole game: If you are nice, likeable, attractive--any player on Survivor (even the "losers" that get lots of screen time)--you should be able to cash in on your new-found fame. But not if you are seen as a mean manipulative backstabber.
It saddens me to read Rupert's parting words:
Shocked and dismayed at the five-to-three vote, Rupert shared some parting thoughts: "This would have made my life a lot better. I always get hurt trusting people. I want so badly to be accepted, and I never get the acceptance that I want. I don't fit. So much for my dreams."

UPDATE

Notice that the next Survivor show will air on Wednesday evening, not Thursday.

Don't be hateful to people, just because they are hateful to you. Rather, be good to each other and to everyone else. Always be joyful and never stop praying. Whatever happens, keep thanking God because of Jesus Christ. This is what God wants you to do. --1st Thessalonians 5:15-18 CEV